Social media has a decisive influence on the younger generations especially a strong showing in the changed behavior of media consumption. The TV used to be the front-runner but then came the smart phone and then the laptop and then the tablet, which changed how the media consumed its present form. We want to know: Who is using social media and how can we master it? Social networks have an influence on television programs and platforms that are used for different purposes.
Social Media as a new form of entertainment
88 percent of people use social networks as an entirely new form of entertainment. This is all about interactivity and exchanging social media: this can be anywhere between the use of YouTube videos, instant messaging and the conventional feature film or Twitter or Facebook. The fact is that we need to know how to effectively master our social media accounts and Blair Stover has been nice enough to show us a few simple tips and here they are:
1. Have a simple strategy. Try investing your time and resources into the social media networks that you know your consumers will use.
2. Never recycle content blindly. When you manage several accounts from the same spot, often times you get the itch to use different platforms but the same updates. NEVER do this.
3. Cross-promoting posts are okay. Direct users to helpful or unique content. It makes all the difference in the world.
4. Using analytical tools is a plus. Figure out what is working and what is not.
5. Always treat your followers like they are your customers. You can use Facebook and Twitter and give your followers a “behind the scenes” look at your business.