Bloggers are looking to social media when they have to build an audience and they’re doing it with record results. Successful bloggers know that they have to try and develop a certain following on a number of social networks in ordered to attract more readers and gain credibility within the blogosphere. Sites like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter are providing bloggers with several opportunities to attract new followers and to continue to engage the regulars they already have. Below are some tips that can help bloggers work their way through the complex world that is social media:
1. Display social media icons towards the top of the website.
2. Every single blog needs to have its very own Facebook page.
3. StumbleUpon can help generate traffic.
4. Import RSS feeds onto a LinkedIn page by using the Blog Link application.
5. Explore the hot new frontier for blogging called Pinterest.
6. Link shorteners should be used even when you don’t have to use them.
7. Use your username and blog name as much as possible when on social media sites or other blogs.
8. Join as many blogger groups as you possibly can on Facebook.
9. If you help out other bloggers, they will help you out when you need it.
10. Be all over social media even when you don’t have to.
This may not seem like a lot but these ten things will increase traffic tremendously. Blogging is one of the fastest ways to make money, but also a great way to be known and to also be heard.