Unlike many social media experts who make sweeping statements that social media marketing is a must, each business owner must decide this decision individually. Including the following factors when deciding the use of social media, plays a role.
· Target Audience
From an SEO standpoint, social media marketing makes sense as each business owner hopes to boost his or her ranking within the realm of the Internet. With social media marketing, it is all about the organic and viral dissemination of information on social media channels. The generation of buzz or word of mouth carries a lot of weight these days, especially with search engines.
Social media channels live on the interaction of its users, however, and rely on the business owner to constantly reach out. The more users a business’s social media channels have, the more interaction.
Have a new social media campaign that isn’t going anywhere? Here are seven reasons why social media may not be working for you, provided by Blair Stover.
1. You are lacking some goals that just aren’t clear.
2. You have unreal expectations.
3. You and your audience aren’t connected.
4. You aren’t consistent in what you’re doing.
5. You aren’t as engaging with your audience as an owner should be.
6. You haven’t built your audience up yet.
7. Your blog is non-existent or you haven’t put enough work into it yet.
While certainly not the only reasons, all of these points are important to consider when looking into what is keeping you from excelling in the social media realm.